because of covid-19, We are moving many of our workshops online. more information bel
The Shameless Circle is seeking a volunteer with experience and expertise in accounting and finance, as well as a passion for empowering women and raising awareness on important issues to the community to join our team in the Treasurer role. We are looking for someone that has professional accounting and finance competencies that can contribute to our rising organization.
● Attend monthly member meetings the first Thursday ofevery month which typically last 1.5-2 hours.
● Willingness to devote an average of 15 hours per week including meetings, participation in accounting and finance activities, and other events.
● Participate in special events – such as our annual fundraiser – and other arising events.
● Fulfill a 16-month term, which may be renewed upon pending approval of the Board of Directors
● Currently, the Board is focused on strategic planning, fundraising activities, and establishing policies and procedures to support the long-term success of the organization.
Specific Responsibilities for Treasurer
● Provide guidance to Board members on accounting and finance transactions
● Professional custody of the funds and securities of the corporation while keeping full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts, and disbursements of the organization.
● Deposit all monies, securities, and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of the corporation in such chartered bank of trust company, or, in the case of securities, in such registered dealer in securities as may be designated by the Board of Directors on occasion.
● Disbursing the funds of the organization as may be directed by proper authority taking proper vouchers for such disbursements and accounting of all transactions and a statement of the financial position of the organization.
● Other tasks/duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
● Develop, and/orrevisethe organization’s fiscal policies and procedures, and present to the Board of Directors for approval.
● Monitor finances, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget, and financial resources and needs.
● Provide detailed monthly financial reports, and detailed year-end financial report and annual financial statements.
● Professional expertise in accounting and finance.
● A high level of administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
● Knowledgeable of board governance and previous related experience is considered an asset.
● Able to work independently and as part of a team.
● Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, submit a resume including at least 3 references to Sara Usman, President: email@example.com. Closing date for applications is March 15th, 2020. Start date for the treasurer position is April 1st, 2020.
Background check including criminal record check is required.
Copyright © 2020 The Shameless Circle - All Rights Reserved.